Tuesday 28 May 2013

 Actually before I go into extinction I expect God would ask me if there were any primitive theories about how life on Earth originated, to which I will reply that there were loads of failed hypotheses.  Some people even came up with the idea that the flora & fauna was created by magic over 7 days and that unless you believe that you will be made to suffer for ever more. And God will laugh, " Oh surely no one fell for that, isn't it illogical to propose that a good God would create life only for it to suffer for ever." I will answer, " Yes that is what i thought " And God will say, " Well I just hope that not many people bought that nonsense," To which I will reply, " Unfortunately there were many who didn't realize it was just parasitic behaviour by priests "

I was reading " The God argument, the case against religion and for humanism " by A.C. Grayling in which he notes that there was a 1996 decision by the synod of the Church of England that hell & suffering there in was just a myth. I google searched and found a BBC news item from 4th April 2000 which had a link to website,  http://what-the-hell-is-hell.com/ which includes articles on universalism by Tentmaker.

No comments:

Post a Comment